Sunday 4 December 2011

Made in Hong Kong

I spent most of my childhood living in Hong Kong so I make a point to visit annually. One of my favourite places in Hong Kong is the Flower Market. I enjoy going in the early morning to watch people unload buckets full of flowers that are not readily available in Toronto (oh the choices they have, it's incredible!)

Being a florist, I cannot help but to pick up a few bunches of flowers whenever I visit the market. However, unlike my home in Toronto, my parents' home (where I stay) does not have vases. Despite that, I still bring home flowers whenever I go to the market (nothing can stop me!). I simply use alternative vessels around the home to hold my flowers.

Here I used my parent's tea cups. These could make fabulous centerpieces for a brunch or lunch reception for a wedding or a bridal shower.
I wish there is Scratch n' Sniff for all of these!

These mini peony buds had to be put on hold. I awaited patiently for five days until they bloomed.
 
 The buds finally bloomed so I created a peony version of my first arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment