Thursday 17 November 2011

Test tube Baby Callas

I came across these oversized test tubes on a trip to Hong Kong and knew I wanted to use them in an arrangement. While being distracted from writing a history paper (I was a Master of Nursing student at the time), I became inspired and came up with a way to showcase the test tubes in a floral arrangement.

The pictures of the arrangement became an instant hit on facebook. And through facebook, the arrangement  helped me reconnect with my long-lost high school friend, Rowena. Rowena asked to purchase the arrangement for her new condo, since then, we have been keeping in touch.

This is another reason why I love to arrange flowers, not only is it fun and allows me to use my creativity, it is also a channel through which I can connect with people.

 I rarely use silk flowers in my designs but using silk flowers in home decor is a more economically-sound choice. This can be easily transformed into a fresh flower arrangement by subsituting the silk callas for fresh flowers.


So what was supposed to be a small break from writing my paper turned into hours of sketching fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment