Monday 16 July 2012

Bright Tangerines and Greens

It was our greatest pleasure to work with event planners Jennifer Jones and Marielle Gedeon from My Sugar Events on bride, Carolyn's, personal flowers. Jenn and Marielle communicated the bride and groom's vision so clearly that it made the consultation process effortless.

Carolyn's wedding took place last fall. She chose a beautiful fall-inspired pallette of brown and tangerines. Like most brides with a timeless sense of style, she requested for an elegant white rose bouquet.

For Carolyn's bouquet, I used Vendela roses and green cymbidium orchids. The orchids injected colors into the otherwise all white bouquet while keeping it sleek and classic. I also added crystals to the middle of the orchids for small touches of sparkles as she walked down the aisle.

For the bridesmaids' bouquets, I fully embraced the fall colors by not only using orange blooms but also incorporating corals, bright pinks, yellows, and greens. I especially love the textural and color contrasts between the fringed Free Spirit roses (in tangerine orange), fuzzy cock's combs (in coral and pink), and sharp-edged dahlias (in a deep yellow). 

Another spin on my classic Vendela bouquet.

I strategically placed the orchids in random clusters so that it looks more interesting.

The bridesmaids' bouquets' bright colors contrast the colors from the bride's bouquet. I created cohesion amongst them with the green orchids.
To keep costs down, I substituted some Cymbidium orchids with  Singaporean orchids in the bridesmaids' bouquets.

My absolute favorite of them all- the ring bearer's boutonniere where I used Dahlia buds and a small bloom of Singaporean orchid. It is so sweet!

I rarely do 'behind-the-scenes' photos because I am so messy when I work, but it was such an amazingly warm day to work outside that I was compelled to share the memory with all of you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment