Saturday 14 July 2012

Luxe Purple Wedding


 It has been a while since I wrote, that was because Barry and I had been keeping busy with our own wedding (we're married!). Before I write about our wedding, I would first like to share about Wendy and Ricky's regal, purple, wedding, which we were glad to be part of.


Wendy is a self-proclaimed princess bride who loves luxurious colors, jewels, and ballgowns. When she showed me her wedding invitation, which was presented in a scroll, I knew I needed to design arrangements that fit the luxurious, regal, feel of the wedding.

To achieve the feel without breaking the bank, I suggested using two large arrangements at the altar, which created visual impact at the church plus doubled as decor at the head table of the banquet hall.

Amnesia roses, Cool Water roses, and Vendela roses took centre stage at this wedding. Mauve, red-violet, and pastel purple Dutch tulips, fringed tulips, and freesias, were also incorporated in the bouquets to give them rich textures. The results were beautiful and the couple could not be happier with them (Wendy happily blamed us for distracting her during the ceremony, she couldn't keep her eyes off of the altar arrangements!)

The bride's bouquet (photo by me)

Photo by me




Photo by me


 


Unless otherwise stated, all photo credits go to James Relunia

No comments:

Post a Comment